Tuesday, June 06, 2006

- trivial/trivialities -

i went to wanfang hospital again this morning for the second part of my physical examination ... a nurse was assigned to me to guide me through all the remaining tests *sfecial ako hehe* ... first stop ... heart echo ... i was told to get this because i've been having chest pains ... i was diagnosed with mitral valve prolapse (aka mvp, http://www.nursing.wright.edu/practice/mvp/default.htm
) late last year ... so the diagnosis is still the same ... the doctor was very reassuring ... he told me, "yes, you have mvp but it's trivial ... nothing to worry about" ... i never really read up on mvp before so i had to ask the doctor ... how can i prevent it? ... he said some things but one thing caught my attention - "quality of life" ... next stop, arterial echo ... while waiting for my turn, the term "quality of life" kept coming back to me ... and after a while i felt that i was getting teary-eyed ... how pathetic is that??? ... i was telling myself to stop ... and then i realized why i felt like crying ... why i was crying ... i felt sad - and i guess, a little mad at myself - for letting life's trivialities get the better of me ... for allowing some harrowing experience do this to me ... kunsabagay, nde lang naman ata purely emotional ang mvp e ... or is it??? anyway, i got myself to stop, finally ... and then i was called in by the doctor ... all okay with my arterial echo ... last stop ... ct scan ... i was told to get this because of my on-and-off headaches ... the contraption was scary ... i had this test 2 years ago in adventist hospital but their ct scanner looked okay to me ... what i saw earlier was way too big ... and when i was rolled in that donut-like unit - it felt that the whirring sound was way too loud ... and the room was way too lighted ... everything was way too something! ... good thing it didn't take too long ... i've yet to wait for another 2 weeks for the final health report but so far, so good ... my chest x-ray was also fine ... and after reading up on mvp, almost all of my weird symptoms have been explained ...

- on a different note -

it's funny what a bad relationship - or a bad break-up, for that matter - can do to a person ... it can somehow teach you to appreciate life more - even the most trivial things that life has to offer ... let's you see the beauty even in the small stuffs ... in things that you never paid attention to before - how the sun places an orange tinge and mixes it with the "blue-ness" of the sky especially on early mornings ... how the flowers bloom during springtime ... how the clear sky at night makes you want to walk really slow and cherish the moment ... how the ocean gives that whiff of salty air ... how your hands and feet feel when playing with sand ... it's like having another stab at life ... and for that, i'm really thankful ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home