Monday, August 21, 2006

- auto immunity -

sometimes, we tend to "indulge" on things - even people :) - which we think are good for us ... only to realize later on that they're really not.

just happened to me.

i've been on veggie/seafood/less meat diet because i was thinking that it's healthier ... i was told by my endocrinologist that i have an auto immune disease - chronic thyroid inflammation ... the "auto immune" sounded so big and scary ... but the doctor told me that it's really nothing to worry about ... i just need to stay away from iodine and i should be fine ...

iodine is in seafood ... and cabbage ... and i just found out - in dairy ... hay, so much for my compulsive need to drink milk ... man, i love milk! ... how about ice cream? and butter?

and so now, i'm rethinking the things that i place inside my mouth ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home