Friday, September 08, 2006

- my mitral valve prolapse (mvp) -

when jeni went here last week, she gave me a copy of the book on mvp that i've been looking for - "confronting mitral valve prolapse by lyn frederickson"

wait, let me digress a little - jeni, tenk yu for giving this to me ... you don't know how much this helps ...

i would recommend the book to anybody who has been diagnosed with mvp - especially to those who are still in the dark about this condition ... a few days ago, i was one of them ...

^ the book listed 8 major symptoms - i have all of them and 24 minor symptoms - i don't have 7 symptoms on the list ...

^ the symptoms are biochemically triggered ... patients "report a precipitating event" (pg. 28) ... i first had the symptoms a few months after i started living alone ... i know that i'm not built for it ...

^ "somatic preoccupation ... enhanced awareness of bodily functions" (pg. 22) ... that definitely explains my sensitivity to certain twitches and spasms in my body ...

^ "usually told that this condition *involves the heart* and *don't worry*" (pg. 40) ... the *don't worry* was the same phrase said to me when i hauled myself to the emergency room because my arms were shaking, i was having palpitations, and i had difficulty breathing ...

^ "lack of information ... feel helpless ... not in control" (pg. 40) ... my exact sentiments -> http://demensya.blogspot.com/2006/08/feeling-better-its-been-while-since-i.html

i'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel cause i'm beginning to understand what is happening ... and for that, i'm really thankful ...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home